December 12, 2018
January 9-12, 2019
New Employee Orientation (NEO):
Begins February 19, 2019
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
To apply, please submit the following information by the application deadline by email to email@example.com, quoting competition number CO2019-01 in the subject line. Please note that all application requirements must be received by the deadline to be considered for pre-screening.
1. A letter from the College of Paramedics of Nova Scotia stating that you are eligible for registration and licensure in the province.
Pursuant to Section 34 (1) of the Paramedics Act – “Except as provided in this Act and the regulations, no person, other than a paramedic, shall:
1. publicaly or privately, for hire, gain or hope of reward, practise or offer to practise paramedicine;
2. hold himself or herself out in any way to be entitled to practise paramedicine; or
3. assume any title or description implying or designated to lead the public to believe that the person is entitled to practise paramedicine." Therefore, any individual who seeks to be known as a Paramedic in the province of Nova Scotia, must be entered into the Register with the CPNS.
For more information, please visit the College of Paramedics of Nova Scotia website here.
2. Cover Letter and Resume
Please provide names, position titles, email addresses and phone numbers for your references.
· If you are a recent graduate or have been working as a Paramedic for less than 12 months, please include all preceptors and at least one professional reference, which must be a manager or supervisor from your most recent position.
· If you have been working as a Paramedic for 12 months or more, please provide two professional references, which must be supervisors or managers from your most recent/current position(s).
4. Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search (must be dated within 90 days of the application deadline). You may scan and email a copy along with your application however we will require the original. You may mail the original copy to our head office, or bring it with you to your HR Interview.
5. A copy of the front and back of your Class 4 unrestricted driver’s license (or equivalent).
6. A copy of your 5 year driver’s abstract (must be dated within 90 days of the application deadline).
7. Proof of successful completion of the Paramedic Candidate Physical Abilities Test (PC-PAT) (must be dated within 12 months of the application deadline).
If you have not completed the PC-PAT, please contact Lifemark for more information or to book your test.
8. CEVO III - Ambulance course certificate.
Please click here to complete Online Coaching The® Emergency Vehicle Operator™ (CEVO) if you have not taken this course.
9. A copy of your CPR Level C certificate.
10. A copy of your Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) certification and/or Public Safety Telecommunicator Course (APCO) certification (if applicable).
Selected candidates will be invited to attend a pre-screening session. This session will consist of Communications Officer testing (including a CritiCall Aptitude Test, Typing Test, Provincial Mapping Test, Written Scenario and Customer Service Scenario), OSCE, Driving Test and a Human Resources Interview. Please note that candidates must be successful in all areas of the pre-screen to be considered for the Communications Officer position.
Only those applicants selected for Pre-Screen will be contacted.
If you are a returning applicant, you will be required to re-submit your paperwork and ensure that it is up-to-date as per the requirements listed above.
If you require additional information regarding the EMC hiring process, please contact EMC Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free 1-866-571-9147.