PCP/ACP Casual Ground Ambulance Positions
September 27, 2017
October 19-22, 2017
New Employee Orientation (NEO):
Begins November 20, 2017
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
To apply, please submit the following information by the application deadline by email to email@example.com, quoting competition number PCP2017-02 in the subject line. Please note that all application requirements must be received by the deadline to be considered for pre-screening.
1. IF YOU ARE A NEW GRADUATE: A copy of your COPR exam results and graduation certificate from an accredited Primary Care Paramedic program.
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY WORKING AS A PARAMEDIC: A copy of your registration in your current province.
Upon hire, you must be registered with the College of Paramedics in Nova Scotia. For more information please click here.
2. Cover Letter and Resume
Please provide names, position titles, email addresses and phone numbers for your references.
· If you are a recent graduate or have been working as a Paramedic for less than 12 months, please include all preceptors and at least one professional reference, which must be a manager or supervisor from your most recent position.
· If you have been working as a Paramedic for 12 months or more, please provide two professional references, which must be supervisors or managers from your most recent/current position(s).
4. Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search (must be dated within 90 days of the application deadline).
Please scan and email a copy along with your application however we will require the original. You may mail the original copy to our head office, or bring it with you to your HR Interview. Please note that we
5. A copy of the front and back of your Class 4 unrestricted driver’s license (or equivalent).
6. A copy of your 5 year driver’s abstract (must be dated within 90 days of the application deadline).
7. Proof of successful completion of the Paramedic Candidate Physical Abilities Test (PC-PAT) (must be dated within 12 months of the application deadline).
If you have not completed the PC-PAT, please contact Lifemark for more information or to book your test.
8. CEVO III - Ambulance course certificate.
Please click here to complete Online Coaching The® Emergency Vehicle Operator™ (CEVO) if you have not taken this course.
Selected candidates will be invited to attend a pre-screening session. This session will consist of a Human Resources interview, OSCE (Objectively Scored Clinical Evaluation)and driving test.
PCPs normally begin on a casual basis.
ACPs may have increased opportunity for full-time employment but typically begin on a casual basis.
Only those applicants selected for Pre-Screen will be contacted.
While we try to accommodate requests for specific region/base placements, the operational needs of the organization dictate placement of casual paramedics. To view bases in Nova Scotia click -> (View Map).
If you are a returning applicant, you will be required to re-submit your paperwork and ensure that it is up-to-date as per the requirements listed above.
If you require additional information regarding the EMC hiring process, please contact EMC Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free 1-866-571-9147.